IBSAT eligibility criteria 2023 is stated in the official notification, which is released. It specifies the set of qualifications required to appear for IBSAT 2023 and apply for the offered courses. Here, you will get all the requisite details regarding the IBSAT eligibility criteria for 2023.
IBSAT is conducted by ICFAI for IBS (Indian Business School) Campuses at Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Dehradun, Gurgaon, Jaipur, Kolkata, Mumbai and Pune. It is a computer-based test (CBT) for admissions to MBA/PGPM/PhD programs.
IBSAT consists of MCQs and is held for two hours duration. It tests the applicant’s ability in analytical reasoning, data adequacy, data interpretation, quantitative techniques, reading comprehension and vocabulary. In 2023, IBSAT will be conducted on the 23rd & 24th of December. Its registrations began on 1st July 2023 and will end by the 3rd week of December. The selection process for IBS admissions is carried out in February-March.
IBSAT Eligibility Criteria 2023 - General Requirements
Given below are the basic conditions required to appear for IBSAT 2023:
- Graduation in any discipline with at least 50% marks
- Candidates in the final year of graduation can also apply
- At least 15 years of formal education (10+2+3 or 10+2+4).
- For PhD programme, an additional two-year full-time Post Graduation in Management or other professional qualification like CA/ICWA with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent will be required.
- Medium of Instructions must be English at UG level, or the candidates need to submit scores of TOEFL/NELT/IELTS by May 31, 2024.
- There is no age limit for the IBSAT exam.
Eligibility criteria will be taken into consideration from August 2024 onwards.
IBSAT Eligibility Criteria 2023: Program-wise Requirements
IBS also states program-specific criteria for the offered courses. Here is the description for three major courses at IBS:
Two-year Management Program (Full-time)
- Graduation (any discipline) with 50% and above marks with medium of instruction as English.
- All applicants should have completed a minimum of 15 years of education (on 10+2+3 or 10+2+4 basis).
- Candidates not meeting the eligibility criteria of English medium in graduation have to submit the TOEFL/ NELT/ IELTS score by May 31, 2024 .
- Applicants in their final year bachelor’s degree course are also eligible to apply, provided they complete their graduation requirements (including practical examinations/viva/assignments) before May 31, 2024 . The admission will remain provisional until they produce marks sheets and degree certificates establishing their eligibility. The last date for submission of proof of graduation is November 01, 2024 .
- Eligibility criteria will be checked from August 2024 onwards . Hence, the onus of ensuring that they satisfy the eligibility criteria rests solely with the candidates
PhD Program in Management (Full-time/Part-time)
- Graduation (any discipline) with 50% and above marks with medium of instruction as English and
- Post Graduation in Management (full time with specialization in Marketing/ Finance/ Human Resource Management/ Operations from a UGC approved University) with 55% and above marks or
- Post-graduation (full-time) in Economics, Commerce, Psychology, Sociology, Public Administration, Statistics, and Mathematics or in an allied discipline from a UGC-recognized University in India or abroad with 55% and above marks. Candidates who are offered admission are required to undertake the first-year MBA courses as a prerequisite to continue in the PhD Program or
- A Professional qualification like CFA/ CA/ CWA/ CS with 55% and above marks.
PhD Program in Economics (Full-time)
- The applicant must be a graduate in any field with at least 50% marks and a post-graduate in economics or
an allied discipline with at least 55% marks.
- The applicant must have completed a minimum of 17 years of formal education (as per 10+2+3+2 or 10+2+4+2
Candidates not meeting the eligibility criteria of English medium in graduation and/ or Post Graduation have to submit the TOEFL/ NELT/ IELTS score by May 31, 2024.
Eligibility criteria will be checked from August 2024 onwards. Hence, the onus of ensuring that they satisfy the eligibility criteria rests solely with the candidates.
So, once you have gone through the IBSAT eligibility criteria 2023, you can apply for the exam at its official website
and begin your preparation.
FAQs about IBSAT Eligibility 2023
1. Is work experience necessary for IBS?
No, work experience is not a mandatory criterion for admission to IBS. However, it does improve a candidate's profile and thus, enhances your chances of admission.
2. Does IBS have a dress code?
There is no dress code for students studying at any of the IBS campuses. However, for certain events, it may be necessary to wear formal clothings.
3. What is the IBSAT exam for?
IBSAT is held for admissions to MBA/PGPM/Ph.D. programmes offered by ICFAI Business School (IBS).
4. Does IBS accept CAT score?
Yes, it does. From 2020, IBS has been accepting the scores of GMAT/NMAT/CAT/XAT.
5. What is the qualifying marks for IBSAT?
There is no qualifying score in IBSAT. Every campus of IBS specifies a different cut-off for the IBSAT exam. The cut-off varies from 55 to 78 marks.