Achieving a 90+ percentile in the Common Admission Test (CAT) is a commendable feat for people aspiring to get into a top-ranked B-school. And if you are one of them, Bravo! You did it Champ! All the effort, dedication, and perseverance you put in over the past couple of months have paid off! You are among the top 10% of the people who took the test.
And here you are, searching for the probable list of colleges you need to aim for, and prepare accordingly!
Here, we have listed out the MBA colleges accepting 90-100 percentile in CAT, in two categories, as shown:
IIMs Accepting 90-100 Percentile in CAT
Given below is
the list of IIMs, that tend to shortlist candidates with 90+ percentile in CAT, in the order of their rankings:
- IIM Ahmedabad
- IIM Bangalore
- IIM Calcutta
- IIM Lucknow
- IIM Indore
- IIM Udaipur
- IIM Tiruchirappalli
- IIM Kozhikode
- IIM Shillong
- IIM Kashipur
- IIM Ranchi
- IIM Rohtak
- IIM Visakhapatnam
- IIM Nagpur
- IIM Raipur
- IIM Amritsar
- IIM Bodhgaya
- IIM Jammu
- IIM Sambalpur
- IIM Sirmaur
Non-IIMs Accepting 90-100 Percentile in CAT
Apart from IIMs, there are several other B-schools in India that have a CAT cut-off on similar lines and are considered in the top ranks. Here is the list of top Non-IIMs which shortlist 90+ percentilers:
- Faculty of Management Studies (FMS), New Delhi
- Management Development Institute (MDI), Gurgaon
- SP Jain Institute of Management and Research(SPJIMR), Mumbai
- Institute of Management Technology (IMT), Ghaziabad
- Department of Management Studies (DMS), IIT Delhi
- Shailesh J Mehta School of Management (SJMSoM), IIT Bombay
- Department of Management Studies (DoMS), IIT Roorkee
- Vinod Gupta School of Management (VGSoM), IIT Kharagpur
- Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies (JBIMS), University of Mumbai
Other Important Parameters for MBA Admissions
It is not an unknown fact that most reputed B-schools carry out profile-based shortlisting, wherein even that candidates with low CAT scores are called for the interview stage. Besides, in the final stage of admissions, most of the colleges consider a range of factors for selecting the candidates. Explained below are the key factors that are considered in the shortlisting and final stage:
- Academic Record:This is one of the most favorable factors during admissions and if you have achieved excellent grades in class 10th, 12th, and graduation, you definitely have an advantage over other candidates. Academics are usually given a weightage of 15-30% in top B-school admissions. So, after the entrance test (CAT) scores, this factor assumes prime importance.
- Academic Diversity:It is common for engineers to opt for MBA, whereas the field is open for candidates of all streams. To encourage academic diversity, the B-schools allot an additional weightage (2-5%) to candidates from non-engineering background.
- Work Experience:A large number of CAT-takers are experienced professionals, and want to pursue MBA/PGDMfor career advancement. Since the experienced candidates are broadly aware of the real-world management, they are given preference by the B-schools.
- Gender Diversity:Several B-schools give 2-4% extra weightage to females and transgenders during admissions. This is essentially done to motivate these people to take up educational areas, that are stereotypically male-dominated.
Finally, the candidate’s performance in GD/GE-WAT-PI process is taken into account for the final admissions.
FAQs about ‘Colleges Accepting 90+ Percentile in CAT’
- Is 100 percentile in CAT possible?
Every percentile score that is greater than or equal to 99.995 is rounded to the nearest whole number, which is 100. And each percentile more than or equal to 99.985 but less than 99.995 is rounded off to 99.99. So, there are candidates who achieve 100 percentile in CAT. Generally, there are 10-20 test-takers who attain this feat in CAT.
It is not really possible to get 100% marks or 100% questions correct in CAT, so the 100 percentilers usually have got 80-90% marks in the exam.
- Which college is best for 90 percentile?
The IITs and new IIMs are great choices for candidates, with around 90 percentile in CAT. Other good options are IMT, K J SIMSR, NITIE, etc.
- How many CAT attempts are allowed?
There is no limit on the number of attempts for CAT exam. However, in one year/ session, you can appear in only one of the slots.
- How long is CAT valid for?
CAT score is valid for one year.