Every MBA aspirant wishes to get into one of the IIMs, yetthe tough competition against the limited number of
admission seats works in favour of only a few. Regarded as the most premier institutes for post-graduate
management education, IIMs generally shortlist candidates with 95+ percentile in CAT. However, if you fall a
little short of the calls from IIMs, worry not! There is still enormous hope and scope for a bright future and a
fulfilling career. How? Well, there are thousands of B-schools in India, of which there are many good and
Here, we provide you with the list of colleges that shortlist CAT-takers with 80-90 percentile. Further, we
have classified the two set of categories as per colleges accepting 85+ and 80+ respectively.
B-schools Accepting 85-90 Percentile in CAT
Glimpse through the list of B-schools you can target with 85-90 percentile in CAT:
- Fore School of Management (FSM), Delhi
- Goa Institute of Management (GIM)
- Great Lakes Institute of Management (GLIM), Chennai
- Vinod Gupta School of Management (VGSoM), IIT Kharagpur
- Department of Industrial and Management Engineering (IME), IIT Kanpur
- Department of Management Studies, IIT Madras
- International Management Institute (IMI), Delhi
- LalBahadurShastri Institute of Management (LBSIM), New Delhi
- National Institute of Industrial Engineering (NITIE), Mumbai
- SP Jain Institute of Management& Research(SPJIMR), Mumbai
- T.A. Pai Management Institute (TAPMI), Manipal
- University Business School (UBS), Chandigarh
- Xavier Institute of Management (XIMB), Bhubaneswar
B-schools Accepting 80-85 Percentile in CAT
The following list of colleges should be considered for candidates expecting or having attained 80-85
percentile in CAT:
- Institute of Management, Nirma University
- Indian Institute of Forest Management (IIFM), Bhopal
- Loyola Institute of Business Administration (LIBA), Chennai
- Institute of Rural Management, Anand (IRMA)
- SCMS Cochin School of Business, Cochin
- Department of Management Studies(DoMS), National Institute of Technology (NIT),Trichy
- Institute of Public Enterprise, Hyderabad
- School of Management, National Institute of Technology(NIT), Rourkela
- Department of Management Studies (DMS), National Institute of Technology (NIT), Durgapur
- Balaji Institute of Modern Management, Pune
- BharatiyaVidyaBhavan’sUsha and Lakshmi Mittal Institute of Management, New Delhi
How to Opt for the Right B-school?
If you are shortlisted by a number of the top MBA colleges that accept scores between 80 and 90 percentile, and
have cleared their interview as well, you may find it difficult to decide which one to go. To do this, it is
recommended that youconsider the following factors:
Recognitions:Firstly, it is crucial to verify that the MBA/PGDM programme offered by the
collegeis approved/ recognised by the UGC or AICTE.
Reputation &Placement Records:While there are many colleges that offer MBA, it is
important that you choose the reputed ones in order to assure a good career scope ahead. Placements and faculty
are essential parameters for judging a B-school’s credibility. Besides, some colleges also extend
international exchange programmes and similar other opportunities.
Available Programs:Ideally, you should pursue the course that aligns with your career goals.
So, you must be aware of the specialisations before applying for one.
Miscellaneous Factors: Lastly, you would want to check factors like course fee,
infrastructure, location,etc. of the preferred institute.
FAQs about ‘Colleges Accepting 80-90 Percentile in CAT’
- Can I get an MBA with 85 percentile in CAT?
Yes, definitely! While it is really tough to get into IIMs with 85 percentile, there are many other good
colleges offering MBA/PGDM at such score. These B-schools also have an excellent pedagogy and maintain great
- Is 75% good in CAT?
75% marks in CAT is a really good score, and amounts to over 99 percentile.
- Can I get into IIM with 80 percentile?
A very few 80 percentilers are shortlisted for IIMs, as the institute mostly prefer 96+ percentilers for
their MBA admissions.
- Can I get a good college with 80 percentile in CAT?
Surely! As the above list shows, there are a sufficient number of reputed B-schools which shortlist
candidates with 80-90 percentile.
- Is 78 a good score in CAT?
78 is a good enough score in CAT! It is equivalent to 94-95 percentile. And as you know, there are many tier-1
B-schools that have a cut-off in this range.