Symbiosis International University (SIU) conducts the SNAP Test every year in order to shortlist candidates for MBA programs offered by various institutes affiliated with it. First of all, MBA aspirants need to register for the SNAP Test and then register with the institute for the course they are interested in. SNAP Test Cut offs are used to shortlist candidates for the next round, consisting of a Group Exercise, Personal Interview and in some cases, Essay Writing (WAT).
In order to devise a sound strategy for SNAP it is important to understand the exam pattern and the changes that have taken place over the years. This analysis will give you a clear picture of the exam and will help streamline your SNAP preparations. Following is an overview of the SNAP Test:
Symbiosis International University (SIU), Pune for admission to various Post Graduate Programs for the academic year 2018-20, will conduct Symbiosis National Aptitude Test (SNAP). The SNAP Test will be held in the month of December, 2017. The registration for the same will start on August, 2017 and go on till November 2017. Students can register online on snaptest.org by paying a fee of Rs. 1,500.
|Online Registrations for SNAP commences
|SNAP Test Registration closes
|SNAP Test payment closes
|SNAP Test Admit Card available on website
|SNAP Test 2017
(2:00 p.m.- 4:00 p.m.)
|Announcement of Result
In 2016, the major change that was witnessed was the reduction in the total marks from 180 to 150 and it is expected that the same change will continue in 2017 also. Till now the pattern is the same and any changes will be updated accordingly. Given below is the SNAP Exam Pattern:
|Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation
|Analytical & Logical Reasoning
- Graduate from any recognized/ statutory University or Institute with a minimum of 50% marks (45% for SC/ST).
- Programs which require specific discipline/ subject specialization need to be checked for eligibility as given by the respective Institute.
- The candidates who have completed their qualifying degree from any foreign university or the institution must obtain the equivalent certificate from the AIU (Association of Indian Universities).
- All foreign degrees/ qualifications to be verified from AIU by the candidate before seeking admission to any program of SIU.
Following is a list of institutes that accept SNAP Scores. In addition to applying for SNAP, students need to register for each institute they are interested in. Kindly visit the individual institutes' website to know more about their eligibility and registration process.
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management (SIBM - Pune)
- Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies & Research (SICSR)
- Symbiosis Centre for Management and Human Resources Development (SCMHRD)
- Symbiosis Institute of International Business (SIIB)
- Symbiosis Institute of Telecom Management (SITM)
- Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies (SIMS)
- Symbiosis Institute of Media & Communication, Pune (SIMC - Pune)
- Symbiosis Institute of Operations Management (SIOM - Nashik)
- Symbiosis Centre for Information Technology (SCIT)
- Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences (SIHS)
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Bengaluru
- Symbiosis School of Media & Communication, Bengaluru (SSMC, Bengaluru)
- Symbiosis School of Banking and Finance (SSBF)
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Hyderabad (SIBM, Hyderabad)
- Step 1: Register online
To register online, log on to snaptest.org (from August, 2017 to November, 2017)
Note: Any Changes in the online application form can be made only up to the closing date of registration i.e. November, 2017. No change is permitted after this under any circumstances.
Upload your latest scanned color photograph to establish identity
- Step 2: Make Payment
Given below are instructions for payment of SNAP Test fee of Rs. 1500/- (from August, 2017 to November, 2017).
- Online Payment through credit card:
Candidates can pay directly through Master or Visa card online by following the instructions on the SNAP website after the registration.
- Online payment through Net Banking:
The candidate may transfer the SNAP test fee to Symbiosis Test Secretariat account using Net Banking option after the registration.
- Payment through Cash
After online SNAP 2017 registration, print 'Axis Bank or Indian Bank Challan from the SNAP website. It is in 3 parts. Pay Rs. 1500/- in cash at any Axis Bank or Indian Bank branch in your city (refer to the list of branches on the website). The bank will return two stamped parts of the 'Axis Bank or Indian Bank Challan' to the candidate. Candidates need to keep the Candidate copy as payment receipt. Sign the stamped 'Symbiosis copy' of the 'Axis Bank or Indian Bank Challan and send it to the Symbiosis Test Secretariat. The address is available on the SNAP Test website.
- Payment through Demand Draft
Obtain a Demand Draft (DD) of Rs. 1500/- from any Nationalized Bank in favor of "Symbiosis Test Secretariat" payable at Pune. Fill DD details in the DD payment option in SNAP website and take a print out of 'Payment Advice' form for DD and send it along with the DD to the Symbiosis Test Secretariat only at the address given on the SNAP Test website. The photocopy of the Demand Draft should be retained for future reference.
- Step 3: Download the admit card from the website